Algae oil vs. krill oil and fish oil
Algae oil vs. fish oil
- Oily fish contains only 1% Omega-3, while algae oil contains around 20% Omega-3Instead of catching 20 billion kilograms of fish for Omega-3, we can also produce 1 billion kilos of algae for exactly the same amount of Omega-3:
- A high quality algae oil supplement, such as Testa Omega-3, contains enough Omega-3 to make all three health claims with 1 capsule a day. With fish oil capsules, this is rarely the case;
- Omega-3 fatty acids are highly sensitive to oxidation. Since the Rubin Report 2011, we know that there are many abuses with fish oil. Since this report, several other reports have shown that most fish oils aren’t fresh. It has also been proven that rancid fish oil is harmful to health. Algae are produced purely for the production of the Omega-3 algae oil. The whole process is adjusted to freshness;
- It has also been proven that rancid fish oil is harmful to health. Algae are produced purely for the production of the Omega-3 algae oil. The whole process is tailored to freshness;
- Since many fish oil supplements are not fresh, you may experience the aftertaste of the fish oil. This is not the case with algae oil;
- All crude fish oil is contaminated with heavy metals, dioxins and PCB’s. Many industrial processes are needed to remove this pollution and to ensure the freshness of a fish oil supplement. Algae are pure and free from ocean pollution, as they are produced on the land with fresh water;
- Fish cannot make Omega-3 and only serves as the â€œintermediaryâ€. The only reason that fish supplies omega-3 is because of the algae in their food chain. So why not just bypass the fish and get our Omega-3 from fresh and pure algae?
Algenolie vs. krillolie
- There are 8 krill oil capsules needed in comparison with 1 algae oil capsule to make 3 health claims for heart, eyes and brain. There is hardly any Omega-3 in krill oil capsules;
- Krill oil contains phospholipid Omega-3 and astaxanthin. Some studies show that about 40% improved Omega-3 absorption is measured in krill oil compared to fish oil. However, a high quality algae oil supplement, such as Testa Omega-3, contains 400% more Omega-3 than krill oil. All health claims made with krill oil have been rejected by the health authorities;
- Krill is caught with container ships in Antarctica. The large krill stocks are decreasing. Several leading scientists warn for ecological disaster because krill is at the beginning of the food chain and animals such as penguins, seals, whales and many fishes in these waters feed on them;
- Krill can not make Omega-3 and is just the intermediary. The only reason Krill has Omega-3 are the algae in their food chain.Â So why not just bypass the krill and get our Omega-3 out of fresh and pure algae? For example, we offer vegan alternative to krill oil called Vrill here.
Does algae contain more or less Omega-6 than fish(oil)?
Less. Per capsule we have 28 mg Omega-6 and 450 mg Omega-3, a ratio of 1:16. In krill oil, that is 1:7, with sardine oil 1:2.2, for farmed salmon, that is, for example, 1:4, herring 1:5 and with ansjovis oil 1:10.